With the support from major shareholders like Europe’s activist fund, Cevian Capital, as well as Finnish state-owned investment company, Solidium Oyj, Metso Corp. (MEO1V FH) and will be combining its Minerals business with Outotec Oyj (OTE1V FH), creating a Spinoff as well. Based on MEO1V’s successful Spinoff 5 years ago, we look forward to further info in the next few months on this Q2 2020 European Spinoff.
- “Industry-Shaping Combination” Sets Up Spinoff / RemainCo to Become Pure-Play Flow Control Business
- Previous 2014 Spinoff of Valmet (VALMT) Shows Value Creation (+45% 1-Yr Return vs. +7% Helsinki Index)
- Europe’s Activist Fund, Cevian Capital, Owns Large Stake / Largest Shareholder, Finnish State-Owned Investment Co., Holds Both MEO1V and OTE1V
- Potential Dividends Post-Transaction / Prospectus Out October 2019
- Expected Q2 2020 Spinoff / MEO1V Enters the ESR Upcoming EU Spinoff Calendar