TiVo Corp. (TIVO) announced a break-up of its platform solutions and software and services business from its patent portfolio business. However, after more than a year of being advised by LionTree Advisors and activist investor Glenn Welling (founder and CIO of Engaged Capital) on exploring a potential sale, a merger or being taken private, shares dropped 14% after failing to find that near-term boost that shareholders were initially looking for.
- Spinoff Hints to Trouble Finding a Buyer as a Combined Entity…
- Activist Investor Involved / Board Still Open to Strategic Options
- 3-Year Legal Battle with Comcast Over Licensing and Patents Still Looms
- Recent CEO Transition (Jul 2018) / Waiting for Permanent Replacement
- To Be Completed By 1H 2020 / TIVO Enters the Upcoming US Spinoff Calendar