Following up from our Special Sits analysis looking at three companies undergoing strategic reviews of their business (released a month ago on Oct 22), two of the three names recently announced a Spinoff in order to create new publicly listed entities. Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) and Nielsen Holdings Plc (NLSN), both of which are under the watchful eye of activist investor Elliott Management Corp., will push for change in a break-up. Click here for further details on each Spin and the last remaining name undergoing its strategic review.
- NLSN: Announces Split Rather Than Sale / Spinoff of its Global Connect Business
- MPC: Break-Up of its Retail Business, Speedway / To Become the Largest Listed Retail Gas Player
- TXT: Pure-Play Aerospace & Defense Business Commands Higher Multiple than Kautex / Potential Segment Sale / Next Earnings - January 23, 2020
- Potential Schedule for Both Break-Ups: 2H 2020
- MPC and NLSN Enter the Upcoming US Spinoffs Calendar