27 March 2020
CSIQ: Catalysts in Global Solar Player, MP Increase
Canadian Solar, Inc. (CSIQ) beat both the market and its own expectations in this week's earnings report, and we are still positive on the potential for this company to perform a Spinoff of its MSS solar modules segment. The company's tight control of its supply chain and international footprint has helped to mitigate the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, and a newly authorized share buyback program will help offset the recent selloff. Read on for more on this catalyst name.
- Investors Recommended to Accumulate CSIQ at Current Levels
- Management Focuses on Energy Segment / Strengthens Thesis on MSS Spinoff
- Newly Authorized $150m Share Buyback Program / Earnings Outperformed Expectations
- FY19 Module Shipments Increased Over Both FY18 & Guidance / Target Prices Revised
- CSIQ Increases Special Situations MP Weighting by +1% at the End of Today's (March 27) VWAP